Safeguarding and Child Protection
Brougham Street Nursery is committed to the safeguarding of all children:
• All staff, volunteers and students have fully enhanced DBS clearance.
• All staff have up-to-date child protection training.
• Staff are qualified in paediatric first aid.
• The School has a special educational needs co-ordinator (SENCO).
• The School has a named Governor responsible for child protection (SEND Policy and Behaviour).
• Our child protection policy is published on our website and hard copies are available in the school office.
We work closely with other agencies to protect children in our care and we are duty-bound by the Children’s Act. The Nursery will make a referral to the Children’s Services if we feel a child is at risk. We will always try to discuss our concerns with parents or carers first. If you ever feel that a child may be at risk (either at nursery or outside of nursery), please talk your concerns through with a member of staff in order for us to ensure that both you and the child are supported. The NSPCC has excellent resources on their website for parents (such as the “PANTS” programme or “Underwear rule”).
Please see below for links to our policy and the key statutory and non-statutory guidance for schools.